Our Story Is Not Over by Brother Duke Hansen
Good morning. This morning's scripture reading will be from the book of Jeremiah. We will be reading from chapter 29. The prophet Jeremiah was born in a bad season. He was the last prophet God used in the country of Judah. He was left behind in the leveled city of Jerusalem. When God allows a nation to be invaded, the inhabitants being taken and property destroyed, it shows that there's judgement rendered before mercy.
True faith is often mislabeled today. Just because you put your faith in something, where it's your work or a favorite sports team, isn't the accurate description of faith. The bible warns the reader repeatedly of not being deceived by false teaching or doctrine. This is a real problem for many, because man is inherently drawn to darkness.
We are going to be going to verse 4 of chapter 29 in the book of Jeremiah. This chapter is a letter the prophet wrote to the exiles displaced in the country of Babylon.
4 Thus saith the Lord of hosts, the God of Israel, unto all that are carried away captives, whom I have caused to be carried away from Jerusalem unto Babylon;
5 Build ye houses, and dwell in them; and plant gardens, and eat the fruit of them;
6 Take ye wives, and beget sons and daughters; and take wives for your sons, and give daughters to husbands, that they may bear sons and daughters; that ye may be increased there, and not diminished.
7 And seek the peace of the city whither I have caused you to be carried away captives, and pray unto the Lord for it: for in the peace thereof shall ye have peace.
8 For thus saith the Lord of hosts, the God of Israel; Let not your prophets and your diviners, that be in the midst of you, deceive you, neither hearken to your dreams which ye caused to be dreamed.
The deceit that fell on the people didn't grow slowly over time in Israel and Judea; it was always present which is why there was several judgements on the nations.
9 For they prophesy falsely unto you in my name: I have not sent them, saith the Lord.
The principles of God work everywhere in life. We often wear ourselves down to the point of early death for more in life. Can you ever find yourself a level of contentment?
10 For thus saith the Lord That after seventy years be accomplished at Babylon I will visit you, and perform my good word toward you, in causing you to return to this place.
11 For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the Lord, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end.
I know the thought that I think toward you. The question this morning is will you allow? Some of you have to figure that out. Maybe you like a passive and unconcerned God.
God isn't speaking of the people referenced in verses 8-9, You have to rise to the occasion God presents in order for him to move.
12 Then shall ye call upon me, and ye shall go and pray unto me, and I will hearken unto you.
God heard the prayers and calls from the righteous. He did not hearken to them in those 70 years. God still does the same things today.
In closing, our story is not over. God has a will for your end.
Comments
Post a Comment